|This article is currently under construction.|
21 (+3 per Evolution)
150 (+2 per Biomass)
45 (50 / 55 / 60)
100 (110 / 120 / 130)
|Respawns In:||10 seconds|
|Air Speed:||13 (13.5 / 14 / 14.5)|
|Ground Speed:||7.0 (7.5 / 8.0 / 8.5)|
|Abilities and Upgrades|
Alien Vision, Evolve Menu, Hive Sight, Flight (Glide), Roost, Poison Bite, Spikes, Umbra, Spores
Carapace, Regeneration, Crush, Aura, Focus, Vampirism, Adrenaline, Celerity, Silence
Umbra at biomass 4, Spores at biomass 6
|Buy From:||Evolve Menu|
|Gestation Time:||15 seconds|
|“Versatile support flyer. Can do damage over time with poisonous bite and ranged spikes. Can evolve choking spore cloud and protective umbra.”
The Lerk's ability to fly and its relatively low res cost makes for a powerful early game lifeform. When the first Lerk is spotted on the field, Marines will usually be forced into researching Shotguns to counter them, if they haven't done so already. Although the Lerk requires a second Hive to receive it's support abilities (Spores and Umbra), It spawns with the ability of flight and poison bites, making for a fragile, yet formidable opponent.
- Lerks are the only Alien lifeform with the ability to fly and a ranged attack capable of any significant damage. They are remarkably fragile however and engaging a group of Marines at close range will nearly always result in death.
- Lerks should use their glide ability for silent flight and try to attack lone Marines from behind, inflicting as many bites as possible before beating a hasty retreat. Marines that are already low on health may be more easily picked off via the use of spikes.
- The speed and agility of a Lerk mean they are an excellent multi role lifeform that can kill Marines, destroy Extractors or defend Hives from Marine incursions.
- Later game Lerks should focus on providing support to higher Lifeforms (in particular Onoses) with Umbra and denying area control to Marines with liberal use of Spores.
- Shotguns and grenade launchers are the most deadly weapons for lerks, avoid close combat against them.
- Protect skulks bitting resources, they will do wonders
- Lerks early game are the main harvesters defenders: They can react quickly and kill lone aggressive marines more easily than skulks.
|Lerk Player Controls|
|S||Backward||1||Poison Bite||B||Evolve Menu|
|Space||Flight (tap), Glide (hold)||3||Spores||X||Voice Overs Menu|
The Lerk can spread its wings and soar into the air. While flying, the Lerk gains a move speed bonus.
|Speed||Base speed + 10.2|
Additional information about movement techniques can be found in Movement.
Digs the Lerk's talons onto a nearby surface to stay in place.
|Targets||Walls, Props, Structures|
Bites a target and injects poison to deal damage over time to Marines.
|Tip: It should be noted that the passive effects of Poison Bite will never kill Marines alone, rather it will leave them at 5hp.|
|Hotkey||1 (slot), Mouse1 (attack)|
|Damage||60 + 6 per second|
|Fire Rate||0.3 seconds|
|Targets||Marines, Robots, Structures|
Rapidly shoots spikes over long distances. Spikes deal extra damage to players.
|Fire Rate||0.07 seconds|
|Targets||Marines, Robots, Structures|
Exhales Spore clouds that deal damage over time to Marines.
|Hotkey||3 (slot), Mouse1 (attack)|
|TRes||20 (research 60 seconds)|
|Damage||15 per second|
|Fire Rate||0.36 seconds|
|Requires||Biomass level 4, Research Spores|
Shoots a puff of smoke that disperses into a large cloud, which reduces the damage of bullets entering the cloud by 25%.
|Hotkey||2 (slot), Mouse1 (attack)|
|TRes||20 (research 45 seconds)|
|Fire Rate||1 seconds|
|Targets||Bullets, Railgun, Lifeforms, Structures|
|Requires||Biomass level 5, Research Umbra|
The following images show all the variations of Lerk camouflage (skins) that you may see in the game.
- Not all variants are available for purchase.
- Skins are purely cosmetic and offer no augmented or additional stats in-game.
|Camouflage variants & availability|
|Normal||Default Camouflage.||Provided with game.||N/A|
|Shadow||Red eyes, Dark blue/purple skin, Extrusions on exo-skeletal features.||Originally part of the Reinforcement Program for Shadow Tier & above.||May also be found on the Steam Community Market.|
|Reaper||Red eyes, White skin, Black exo-skeletal features.||Requires Reaper DLC.||Released with the Reaper update.|
Base Abilities - Skulk (Sneak • Wall Walking • Bite • Parasite) • Gorge (Belly Slide • Spit • Heal Spray • Build Menu) • Lerk (Flight • Roost • Poison Bite • Spikes) • Fade (Swipe • Blink) • Onos (Gore)