The Ranking of your Score / Level and Skill are currently processed by Hive 2.0.
The Levels you can aquire are reached by accumulating Score that you gain while playing.
For each Level you require 3000 points of score.
Rookie and Bootcamp Servers
- Once you Reach Level 15 you leave the Skill Tier for Rookies. (takes usually 8 hours of gameplay)
- You can play on Bootcamp Servers if you are a Rookie (Tier 0) or a Recruit (Tier 1), see Skill Tiers
The Player Skill is commonly called Hive Skill or ELO. The algorithm to determine the Player Skill was created by moultano.
Player Skill is a measurement of how likely it is a player can make make his team win in his average environment.
- It is not influenced by Score, Kill / Death - ratio or other things.
- It takes into account that a player has more impact on the outcome during the early stages of the game.
- It is used in order to make more fair teams with Shuffle.
- Servers have to be Ranked in order to report Hive Skill updates to change the Skill value.
The amount of Hive Skill rewarded is based on how likely the system thinks you are to win a round. Therefore the lower your teams average skill is compared to the opposing team the more Hive Skill you will be rewarded if you win.
For further information check the blogpost of moultano about the Skill Ranking System
- Morrolans Observatory: External Website used to track your Player Skill.
- Discord Hive Stalker bot that usually resides in the #hive-queries channel (Discord Server invite link)
- The official Hive 2.0 website has not been released yet.
- Mods like Shine acces it via Hive 2.0 Web API
|Skill Tier Emblems|
|Emblem||Name||Tier||adjusted skill points*||additional Information|
|Unknown||-||Player Skill couldn't be retrieved|
|Rookie||0||-|| can access Bootcamp Servers|
Level 1 - 14
|Recruit||1||0 - 550||can access Bootcamp Servers|
|Frontiersman||2||551 - 1000|
|Squad Leader||3||1001 - 1600|
|Veteran||4||1601 - 2200|
|Commandant||5||2201 - 3000|
|Special Ops||6||3001 - 4000|
|Sanji Survivor||7||4001 - 9999|
- Boundaries for each Skill Tier Emblem might change in the future.
- (*) adjusted skill points, that takes into account how certain the system is about the skill being correct. (Mathematical: Sum of squared adagrad gradients)
- example: In order to gain Sanji you often need to reach above 4050 Skill Points in order to get the Skill Tier 7 Emblem