|This article is currently under construction.|
|"Our base is under attack! Phase through!"|
| Team Resources
|Abilities and Upgrades|
Teleport Marine, Recycle
Observatory, Phase Tech
|Build Time:||12 seconds|
|Builds From:||Marine Commander|
|Buy From:||Advanced Tab|
When powered, the teleportation system becomes active once two or more Phase Gates are built and powered at anywhere on the map. Marines can move through the portal to instantly travel to another Phase Gate. However, robotic units such as the MAC, ARC, and Exosuit cannot phase through.
Marines will be teleported in sequence of Phase Gates constructed, from the oldest to newest. The Commander can recycle unneeded Phase Gates to redirect the flow of reinforcements to the designated battlefield.
The Phase Gate is a teleportation device that instantaneously dematerialize Marines from one location and materialize them to another. A system of Phase Gates can be created to allow Marines to traverse over vast distances in the blink of an eye.
|Instantly teleports a Marine to the next active Phase Gate. Each player has a small delay before phasing again.|
|Requires||Nearby Active Power Node, 2 or more Phase Gates|
- The Phase Gate is vital for bringing reinforcements to a contested area.
- Kharaa lifeforms will often target Phase Gates in Marine-held territory as first priority. Without the Phase Gate, reinforcements cannot return to the area quickly.
- Phase Gate positioning as a Marine Commander:
- try to place the Phase Gate where it can be covered from all entrances of a room
- try not to place Phase Gates against a wall; when the Kharaa surround a Phase Gate, any Marines phasing through will be trapped (against a wall and the Kharaa). This is affectionately known as a "meat grinder". Any phasing Marine is likely to be killed instantly.
- When placing Phase Gates, position it where Gorges must become exposed to use Bile Bomb.
- For this reason, around a corner is not advised because Bile Bomb explodes on impact, causing splash damage to nearby Frontiersmen units and structures.
- For the same reason, placing a Phase Gate near a high ventilation shaft is also ill-advised.