| This is an old build of NS2|
It may not represent the current game.
Date: February 28, 2013
- New map: Descent
- New Gorge abilities: tunnels and babblers
- New Exo type: Railgun
- Railgun Exosuit now available at Prototype Lab. Explodes things.
- Gorges may now spawn Babbler eggs, which hatch into Babblers!
- Gorges may now create Gorge Tunnels
- Bait Balls – Direct babblers by flinging it at enemies of friendlies
- New map: Descent
- New contextual help system, ‘TipVids.’
- Insight Spectator System Mk 2 – Redesign and interface overhaul.
- First Person Spectating
- Damage decals
- Refraction effects
- New alien cloaking effects
- New main menu background scene
- Disabled wall walking on Command Stations.
- Added one second cool-down between Gorge structure drops
- Claw damage increased to 75.
- Claw range increased by 10%
- Rifles will now get destroyed when purchasing a new weapon at the armory to prevent a pile of Weapons in big games (manually dropping or picking weapons up is unchanged)
- Removed foresight from Alien Commander.
- Increased frequency of alert message when a base power node is under attack.
- Whips no longer hit multiple targets with their melee attack.
- Doors are no longer usable.
- Removed exo backwards speed scalar.
- Updated personal resource icon in Alien buy menu.
- Reduced phase gate rate from 0.5 to 0.2 seconds.
- Exosuit movement speed depends now on weapons weight (minigun heaviest, railgun lightest)
- Slightly increased Axe range to prevent situations where you could not hit an enemy below you even when crouching.
- Skulk movement adjustments – Movement code now makes them slightly less erratic when dancing in your sights.
- Cloaking system is now analog rather than binary – Allows for more nuanced use of cloaking trait
- Decreased the amount of time it takes for the game to start once both teams have a Commander.
- Doubled the rate that the “Game will not start until both teams have a Commander” banner message appears on the screen.
- Enemy players are now damaged while near the enemy Command Structure before the game starts.
- Bile bomb can now destroy dropped weapons.
- Reduced Bile bomb single target damage by ~20% (and reduced force from 13 to 11, so shorter effective range)
- Added ‘-logdir <path>’ command line option to let server admins override the location of log.txt.
- Added pagination to the mod browser in the dedicated server web admin.
- Added search capability to the mod page of the dedicated server web admin.
- Added resource graph in Insight (Press Q)
- Added commander research bars in Insight, replaces monolithic research block
- Added player energy/ammunition indicators in Insight
- Exos display now the thruster duration / cooldown in their HUD.
- Added smoke effect for Spike attacks.
- Added missing minimap icons for shift, shell, spur, veil.
- Insight text now much more legible
- Reduced the number of bits used for network fields.
- Optimized determination of whether or not Orders should be relevant to a client (improves server performance)
- Optimized querying the world for entities.
- Infestation blob coordinates are now saved after being generated once (Thanks Mats!)
- Sped up the compiling shaders process.
- Reduced memory usage by compressing animations – also reduces load times.
- Tweaked texture streaming – reduces load times.
- Fixed bug causing Skulk hitbox and worldmodel to be misaligned on some vertical surfaces (Makes the buggers easier to hit).
- Fixed bug where emissive only surfaces would not be properly bloomed (caused cloaked Alien structures to be somewhat visible)
- Fixed issue where enabling double or triple buffering while in fullscreen windowed mode would cause the display to not update
- Fixed swipe not triggering effects / draining energy when quickly tapping primary attack button.
- Fixed script error when firing a Rifle that had been previously fired and dropped on the ground.
- Fixed holo Marine model being visible for a few frames for the already respawned Marine.
- The unban button now works in the server web interface.
- Fixed health bars showing up in ready room.
- Fixed bug where caps lock couldn’t be bound in the input settings.
- Fixed bug where tapping primary attack key with Skulk bite selected wont deduct energy / trigger sound.
- Fixed clogs appearing for one frame at world origin.
- Fixed bug where Marine Commander could select cloaked Alien units.
- Fixed bug where the “retry” console command would not attempt to reconnect to the last server joined using the “connect” console command.
- Fixed health/armor not being properly predicted for growing Alien structures.
- Fixed bug where tech point remains smashed after the Hive got replaced by a Command Station.
- Fixed camera hitch when crouch jumping as Onos.
- Fixed sentry battery destruction effects.
- Fixed unsocketed power nodes not considering LOS properly.
- Fixed bug where units recloak when Marine who touched them is still in close proximity.
- Text chat now displays above the “Fade to black” death screen.
- Fixed Alien structures playing metallic sound when attacked by Skulks.
- Ghost structures disappear now immediately when killed.
- Commander no longer triggers a ping during entering a chat message.
- Fixed Aliens losing abilities when a Hive gets destroyed and they evolve an upgrade without changing life form.
- Fixed issue where chat text would sometimes be displayed escaped in the web server admin console.
- Players can now damage each other after the round ends.
- Changed behavior of Gorge build menu: You no longer need to re-select things to build more of them.
- Fixed bug where hitting alt-enter would not cause the options menu to be updated based on the current windowed/fullscreen status.
- Fixed bug where the microphone would be stuck on if the server changed maps while a player was recording.
- Fixed infestation decal not showing up for Hydras.
- Fixed bilebomb effect not showing up on MAC model.
- When a team surrenders, everyone will be notified.
- Fixed prediction error when jumping in rapid succession.
- Fixed clogs blocking phase gates.
- Fixed bug where Aliens could barely see cloaked units when dark vision is enabled.
- Fixed welder ignoring the deploy animation.
- Fixed bug where Commanders could drop structures when help mode is enabled.
- Fixed Marine structures showing Alien blood when hit by flame throwers.
- Fixed adrenaline / camouflage banner not being displayed.
- All team members will be notified when someone votes to concede or to eject the Commander.
- Robotics Factory can’t cancel research.
- Fixed bug which gave Aliens abilities which are not researched.
- Fixed Editor bug that would occasionally cause a vertex to be created a large distance away from its intended location.
- Fixed issue where a change to a shader template file would not necessarily trigger shaders to be rebuilt.
- Fixed hitch when first encountering Infestation after the shaders have been updated.
- Fixed issue where dynamic props wouldn’t be animated on the dedicated server due to missing animation graphs.
- Spectator Mouse Hover no longer misses.
- Recycled/Refunded structures are no longer added to total team resource gathered.
- Fixed exploit in server web admin (Thanks confused!)
- Fixed issue where mods that specified a specific version build was required would not mount the file system in the proper order.
- Fixed bug causing pre-placed Cysts to sometimes die at the start of the round.
- Fixed bug where HTTP requests did not follow 301 redirects (fixes the mods list in the web admin)
- Fixed bug where Aliens were able to evolve both upgrades from one Hive type.
- Fixed exploit where selecting multiple shifts allowed it to bypass the global cool down for hatch ability.
- Moved all processing of input into script.
- Fixed visualization of the emissive map in the Viewer.
- Added the ability to make an external cinematic loop in the Cinematic Editor.
- Improved error reporting when a material as assigned in a model with an absolute path.
- Increased the timeout for HTTP requests.
- Fixed issue where defining a class on the server but not on the client would cause crashes and other bugs.
- Added the ability to materials layered on models to inherit parameter values from the underlying material.
- Fixed bug where the Ok/Cancel buttons in “Create Mod” window of Launch Pad would not be visible if the Window’s font size was set to large.
- Added animatable shader parameters for objects in the Cinematic Editor.
- Added support for vertex colors in .model files.
- Fixed bug where specifying a float2, float3 or float4 value for a surface shader input would corrupt the value.
- Added the ability specify float2, float3 and float4 parameters in a .material file.
- Added support for optional commas in SJSON files.
- Added “LocalPlayerChanged” engine event when the local player on the Client changes.
- Added ServerClient:GetSpectatingPlayer() and ServerClient:GetPlayer() methods.
- Added Client.VoiceRecordStart and Client.VoiceRecordStop functions.
- Introducing Descent
- Cafe is now now a random marine spawn again
- Lockers is now a random spawn for both aliens and marines
- Redesigned how Cafe connects to Bar
- Redesigned Central Access so it now connects to cafe
- Redesigned Back Alley
- Moved Bar further west to prevent sieging of Lockers
- Moved Cafe RT to the lower level to prevent LOS issues
- Some changes to courtyard to fit the Central Access changes
- Some cosmetic changes to Ball Court
- Some cosmetic changes to Bar
- Reflection Probes added
- Made Smelting a marine spawn.
- Removed route from Smelting to Conduit.
- Added new route from Smelting to Routing.
- Bug fixes including building placement and power grid issues.
- Improved Atrium RT location (less claustrophobic)
- Added more cover and flanking options for aliens in Flight Control
- Added missing lights in Crevice vent
- Added the ability for death triggers to do damage over time instead of instantly killing the entity.
- Max distance that initial Cyst spawn points can be from the Hive increased by 50%
- Changed the texture list in the Editor to “and” all of the search terms together by default (old “or” behavior can be reproduced by using ? in front of a search term)
- Changed the texture list box to allow selection of materials in any directory (not just the materials directory)
155 • 156 • 157 • 158 • 159 • 160 • 161 • 162 • 163 • 164 • 165 • 166 • 167 • 168 • 169 • 170 • 171 • 172 • 173 • 174 • 175 • 176 • 177 • 178 • 179 • 180 • 181 • 182 • 183 • 184 • 185 • 186 • 187 • 188 • 189 • 190 • 191 • 192 • 193 • 194 • 195 • 196 • 197 • 198 • 199 • 200 • 201 • 202 • 203 • 204 • 205 • 206 • 207 • 208 • 209 • 210 • 212 • 213 • 214 • 215 • 216 • 217 • 218 • 219 • 220 • 221 • 222 • 223 • 224 • 225 • 226
227 • 228 • 229 • 230 • 231 • 232 • 233 • 234 • 235 • 236 • 237 • 240 • 250 • 251 • 253 • 254 • 255 • 256 • 257 • 258 • 259 • 260 • 261 • 262 • 263 • 264 • 265 • 266 • 267 • 268 • 269 • 270 • 271 • 272 • 273 • 274 • 275 • 276 • 277 • 278 • 279 • 280 • 281 • 282 • 283 • 284 • 285 • 286 • 287 • 288 • 289 • 290 • 291 • 292 • 293 • 294 • 295 • 296 • 297 • 298 • 299 • 300 • 301 • 302 • 303 • 304 • 305 • 306 • 307 • 308 • 309 • 310 • 311 • 312 • 313 • 314 • 315 • 316 • 317 • 318 • 319 • 320 • 321 • 322 • 323 • 324 • 325 • 326 • 327