Released August 26, 2011
- Lerk v2.0: Removed sniper ability and projectile spore cloud. Added spore "trail", which keeps the Lerk in combat and is much more powerful.
- Lerk spikes no longer shoot spike projectiles, but are hit-scan. They now do Heavy damage (treat armor like health) and do between 14 and 17 damage, depending on range (closer is better, but medium/long still strong). Also, alt-fire on spikes now fires a cluster of 5 spikes.
- Improved Lerk flight to allow staying in air and shooting downwards. You can now also "airbrake" with shift for more control. (thanks twiliteblue!).
- Added the ability to create Proximity grids from Lua (All yours Matso)
- Updated the code to use the new TargetCache 2.0 (Thanks Matso)
- Added the ability to check if a pathing flag is set for a given point and radius
- Added support to set the output volume for voice chat
- Added the ability to disable specular highlights for a light
- Improved Crag's umbra to last 12 seconds (up from 8) and increased radius from 5 to 10
- Bile bombs now damage MACs.
- Reduced distress beacon time from 4 to 3 seconds
- Reduced extractor health/armor from 4,200/900 to 4,400/550 (this is the same total HP as the original NS1 level, but I entered it incorrectly...represents -500 less health)
- Lerk is back to his NS1 health/armor levels (125/30, instead of 200/25). I think he had creeped up due to his maneuverability not being good enough and his spikes being slow.
- Increased ARC health/armor by 50% because they are so fragile and can't currently be repaired
- Gorge self-heal is now only 50% effective (ala NS1). Sorry battle Gorge!
- Fade balance changes
- Bumped his acceleration while ethereal.
- Dropped health from 300 to 200.
- Decreased continuous blink energy cost and added an initial cost so he blinks a bit more intentionally.
- Altered damage and puncture damage type to make him very effective vs. marines and less against structures.
- Decreased swipe energy cost and increased swipe ROF to make sure he's never waiting around.
- Fixed various networking issues related to prediction (this turned out to be a lot of work)
- Fixed erratic movement when players collide with each other
- Changed Shade disorientation to use a scalar value instead of boolean (for shader effect and DSP effects)
- Fixed bug where the amount of the Disorient effect was not proportional do your distance to a Shade
- Fixed an issue where after moving a whip it would no longer block pathing along with leaving a stale obstacle in its old location.
- Fixed an issue where you could be standing next to a structure or a player and if you were not looking at them they would not get sighted.
- Fixed an issue where if you scanned cloaked or camouflaged units they still would not be sighted.
- Fixed an issue where when computing LOS stale entities would be checked for LOS
- Removed noxious desiredPitch/desiredRoll code that was being executed when it shouldn't have been (possibly resulting in mouselook errors)
- Fixed an issue where voice chat would be distorted by shade DSP
- Players can no longer +use things while attacking (fixes problems with looping sounds while opening armory, etc.)
- Lerk spore effects now created client-side (optimization).
- Don't play flinch sounds, particles, sounds etc. more than every second to reduce message spam and improve aesthetics (esp. for rifles vs. structures)
- Added commander-specific res_received sounds
- Fixed bug where specifying that a prop does not casts shadows would not disabled shadows in the Editor
- Fixed bug where cinematics created on level load were not deleted when the level was changed
- Show model of last alien you were when you were dead on game end (also while commanding, evolving, etc.)
- Fixed problem with Embryo not initializing some variables when going to ready room after being killed as an egg
- Added new team-specific distress beacon sounds so respawning marines always hear it positionally when far away. Also added new "mega spawn" sound.
- Removed Shade DSP effects and replaced with looping 2D soundscape to see if that works better.
- Added local looping 2D sound when cloaked or camouflaged
- Fixed an issue where you could not recycle buildings until they had been built
- Fixed an issue with teleporting drifters
- Fixed bug where the first person Skulk bite animation would not play under some circumstances
- Fixed bug causing player to instantly die if they spawned while their spectator camera was in a death trigger
- Fixed case where parts of the alien armor circle GUI were being rendered when they shouldn't while animating
- Fixed bug where prop_dynamic objects would have their physics objects simulated differently on the client and server (caused movement problems in Ventilation on ns2_summit)
- New structures can now be built after recycling a structure without selecting a different structure first (Thanks Matso!)
- Fixed an issue where unbuilt shades would cause the disorient effect to marines
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for unbuilt shades to possible cloak things
- Fixed the teleporting drifters!
- Moved death messages over a bit to the left when player is a commander so they can see them entirely (Thanks twiliteblue!)
- Fixed an issue where the shade would go crazy and try cloaking everything even if something had recently been attacked or uncloaked.
- Fixed bug where going through the "back" of a Phase Gate would make you come out the back of the connected Phase Gate
- Fixed bug causing the Whip to play it's idle sound before being fully built
- Fixed bug causing some death messages to show "#nil" as the killer
- Fixed bug causing the Fade to go into an invalid blink state when switching weapons while blinking
- Fixed an issue where weapons were giving LOS to all players. Players will now set the relevancy of their weapons.
- Spores now do damage to players if their eyes are in the cloud instead of the middle of their body
- Reduced Fade stab (secondary attack) range to be the same as primary (it was way too long at 3 meters).
- Fixed bug that killed just-finished ARC if you tried to build another ARC or MAC before it drove out of the Robotics Factory.
- Build Collision checking no longer uses tracing unless the structure can be built on a wall, instead it checks the pathing mesh
- Structures now apply a no build flag to the pathing mesh when created.
- Left clicking on the minimap just moves the commander view; before it allowed placing of structures and doing other weird stuff but it was confusing and inconsistent with other RTS games.
- Added the ability to make bots passive (Thanks Matso)
- Spectator camera no longer collides and other improvements
- All alien structures, players, and other creatures now auto-heal
- Disabled the marine/common/hit sound when the flamethrower is giving damage as it is too repetitive
- The Gorge will now rotate up and down while belly sliding according to the angle of the ground
- added shade cloak sounds
- New flash-light sound
- Better countdown sound
- Nicer marine footstep sounds for infestation
- Better sounds for joining aliens or marines from ready room
- More sci-fi for armoury open and close sounds
- More snarls and aggression for skulk bite, leap, pain and death sounds
- Simon is awesome
- More of an echolocation feel to the alien vision sounds
- Mixing, including being able to hear when u register a hit from a distance as a marine
- sounds for new lerk abilities
- Shade disorientate now using a sound rather than DSP
- Mixed cloak mode sound and beacon sounds
- Battles now sound more epic: EQ and dynamics adjustments for both sides
- Marines now have a flatline heart monitor sound when they die
- Better sound for entering the hive , receiving res and regenerating as an alien
- Visual changes to Crevice
- Increased space around Crossroads tech point
- Set Dynamic:False for dynamic props in Ventilation
- Extended corridors on marine side.
- Visual changes to Crevice
- Increased space around Crossroads tech point
- Fixed power point powering Crossroads instead of noname hallway
- Adjusted collision geometry at Marine Start ceiling
- Reduced memory footprint by reducing unique number of props.
- Added Simons's optimised and updated sounds.
- Set many props to ignore pathing, should improve loading times.
- Changed lighting in repair room.
- Extended corridors on marine side to create space between rooms.
- Changed lighting theme in repair room.
- Replaced the Tech Point in Marine Expansion (Holoroom) with a res node.
- Replaced Marine tunnel section adjacent to Marine Start with offloading area, moved main entrance (route to AS is somewhat longer now).
- Shortened route to Observation from Marine Start.
155 • 156 • 157 • 158 • 159 • 160 • 161 • 162 • 163 • 164 • 165 • 166 • 167 • 168 • 169 • 170 • 171 • 172 • 173 • 174 • 175 • 176 • 177 • 178 • 179 • 180 • 181 • 182 • 183 • 184 • 185 • 186 • 187 • 188 • 189 • 190 • 191 • 192 • 193 • 194 • 195 • 196 • 197 • 198 • 199 • 200 • 201 • 202 • 203 • 204 • 205 • 206 • 207 • 208 • 209 • 210 • 212 • 213 • 214 • 215 • 216 • 217 • 218 • 219 • 220 • 221 • 222 • 223 • 224 • 225 • 226
227 • 228 • 229 • 230 • 231 • 232 • 233 • 234 • 235 • 236 • 237 • 240 • 250 • 251 • 253 • 254 • 255 • 256 • 257 • 258 • 259 • 260 • 261 • 262 • 263 • 264 • 265 • 266 • 267 • 268 • 269 • 270 • 271 • 272 • 273 • 274 • 275 • 276 • 277 • 278 • 279 • 280 • 281 • 282 • 283 • 284 • 285 • 286 • 287 • 288 • 289 • 290 • 291 • 292 • 293 • 294 • 295 • 296 • 297 • 298 • 299 • 300 • 301 • 302 • 303 • 304 • 305 • 306 • 307 • 308 • 309 • 310 • 311 • 312 • 313 • 314 • 315 • 316 • 317 • 318 • 319 • 320 • 321 • 322 • 323 • 324 • 325 • 326