|This article is currently under construction.|
The Commander sits in the Command Station in order to Command. The cc is a common acronym used in-game to refer to a Command Station.
- Once the last Command Station is destroyed, the Marine team loses,
- Can be placed only on a Tech Point,
- is necessary for a Distress Beacon.
Marines begin a game with a ready Command Station, which allows the Commander to perform their tasks.
Command Stations have two important features:
- Infantry Portals may be placed only in the in the immediate vicinity of a Command Station,
- Observatories beacon to the nearest Command Station.
Usually the second Command Station appears later in the game, in order to provide the Marines with an additional spawning and beacon location, as well as a backup in case of a surprise Alien rush.
In some rare cases, the Marine team may decide to relocate, which means moving the main base to more forward location early game in order to gain better map control. Relocation consists in building a new Command Station, along with Infantry Portals, and recycling the original ones. It is therefore an expensive operation, and careful consideration of risks is recommended.